Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Some Good News!

In midst of the exciting Historical Fiction Bloggers Roundtable Event, I got some good news: My UK editor at Hodder & Stoughton has acquired my work-in-progress The Princess Isabella, and the first three novels in The Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles, starting with The Tudor Secret, which will be published by St Martin's Press in the US. I owe my agent really expensive shoes! She's one of the hardest working women in the business and she champions me shamelessly.

The Roundtable event is now officially over and I want to again thank the fantastic bloggers who invited me and gave me their all. Their creative posts, reviews, and other material really made this event fun and I'm very fortunate indeed to have been a part of it. To see the event in its entirety and visit the different blogs and posts, please click here.

Last but not least, the marvelous Sharon Kay Penman, one of my all-time favorite authors, has interviewed me over at her blog. Please stop by. Besides my interview, Sharon has a very active blog with many comments and interesting posts about her books, research, love for animals, and other diverse interests. She's a great lady, and a great friend.

Only 7 days till The Confessions of Catherine de Medici arrives in stores! I'm like a hen on an egg . . .

5 comments:

Passages to the Past said...

Oh yea! That is the best news! Congratulations Christopher!

I'm sure I speak for us all when saying that we had the most fun with you and the HFBRT event! Your book is mah-va-lous darling!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! Congrats, Christopher on all those wonderful acquisitions. (Hmmm, my agent usually likes expensive chocolate.... Maybe I should think of shoes next time 'round!)

Marg said...

Woo-hoo! That is indeed good news!

Time for a celebration!

Richard said...

Well done! This historical boy wannabe has always rooted for you.

C.W. Gortner said...

Thank you all! A writer friend of mine says release days are like a "dull thud." In a way, that describes it perfectly; the book hits store shelves but it's not as if heralds trumpet, after all those years of work. Still, it's a special day and I'm going to do something fun to celebrate it. Like buy shoes :)